Saturday, December 12, 2009

Song Free Write

Welcome to a new feature on dmhblog called SongFreeWrite where I listen to a song and write my thoughts, observations, and whatnot in real time. First up on this maiden voyage is Be Calm by fun.


Violin and accordion. Where is the dancing monkey? Am I in Italy? Who is singing? Then chacha cha guitar. Then lala and some strings and another voice and a harmony.

He sounds sad like a baby.

“Why?” You say? Like a bird? It is singing and it is nice. It’s like a carnival. And a whistling bird. What a nice whistle.
Slow guitar. To emotional and smoothing. I can see musical notes in the air.

Tambourine! But now it its snappy and cranky! Like a nut cracker or one of those big wretches that a plumber has. Then there is a girl. Then two guys singing like they mean it. Lots of people!

Oh! He said Baptized. Neat.
Now it is like a carnival and a parade and a circus and there is a trumpet and dancing bears and an anthem and a triumph! LOTS OF NOISES AND STOMP STOMP! BELLS! CRASH CRASH!

It is a jam, like faux metal rock and roll, head banging, and channeling Queen or something. la la la jam jam! A Tour de force, sing/yelling and fist pumping. I want to jump in the air and float there for a few seconds.

I think he really wants me to be calm. I will consider it. Whoa! That sounds like a beepy space ship. I want to fly to krypton in it.

Oh, it’s back to a buzzing, slow-downy thing. Is it ending? I think so. It is winding down. Sllooowwwwww. It stopped.

-
That song caused me to rejoice. It had lots of neat noises. The dude’s voice was a bit polished, but it added a bit of glam to it all. I felt like I was in a parade. I wish that there were animals to bark and meow as I was listening to that song.

3 comments:

Sycz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dmh said...

Mike,
I agree. As you said, hipsters have moved from the owl to the peacock. What bird is next?

dmh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment