Saturday, December 12, 2009

Life Reimagined

I walked down to the store and picked up a loaf of bread, 6 six eggs, a liter of OJ, a liter of apple juice (for wassail) and a half liter of Newcastle (out of Old Peculiar).
but this is how it when down in my mind.
-
Day 139 of Arctic Sea Otter Expedition 1500 hours
The days are growing shorter. My igloo base camp is holding up. The whale blubber and seal skins have proved solid insulation. Today I plan to brave the elements and attempt to observe the creatures in their native habitat to learn their secret beer making techniques.
-
Day 139 cont. 1603 hours
Though a short survey, I met will great success. Shielded from the fierce winds and swirling snow flakes by my electronic parka, I strained against the gale drudging toward my observation point. On the way, suddenly, what appeared to be a spaceship similar to that owned by George Jetson in the 1960 American Prime time cartoon program, buzzed down and opened its bubble like operating hatch. I stepped in, the hatch closed and whisked me up to a height of approximately 15 metres.
Below the craft a marching band appeared. I strained to see it between the breaks in the whiteout conditions.

I spied a button on the console labeled "White Out Away." I pushed it and the sun came out. The bubble hatch opened and I Could hear the band playing "Louie, Louie" transitioning into "Twist and Shout."


Though I was unable to document the habits of the sea otter, this afternoon has spurred me on toward anticipating success in future queries.

Hot chocolate for everyone! Pass the cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment