Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TRex is the jam.
I chilled out with the Archbishop of Canterbury the other day.
I'm preaching again in early Dec. Good. Its been too long that I've been away from preaching the Word. I wish I could do it every week. On the streets. On a box. In a funny hat. In the rain. In front of a dragon. That is breathing fire at me. And I have a shield with a cool logo on it (like a smoking baby/cat). And there is a cool Zombies song playing. Yeah.

Also, I am embarking on a new writing project. It will make me a million dollars. But you will not know it is me. I will not do interviews or will only do them with my face blurred and with a crazy computer scratchy voice. or at least with a mask on. and a cowboy hat on. definitely a cowboy hat on.

I think If I could be one thing that I am not, that doesn't exist much anymore, I think I would be a cowboy. Like a fake Cormac McCarthy cowboy though, not a real one. That would be no fun.

Hardly anything is as fun in real life as it is in your mind.

A wise man once said, You've just got to prepare yourself to be a janitor. You're always cleaning up a mess your whole life. and maintenance and all that. It's not depressing. It's just life. There's not enough janitors in life, but more than a few mess-makers. Dare to be a janitor. Which is really just doing your job. Don't fret about discerning "God's will". That's it: be a good human. Do your job. Clean up your messes. Clean up other people's messes. Do it your whole life. Do it with joy.

Easy, right? We've got our whole lives to practice.

Lord, have mercy.
Christ, have mercy.
Lord, have mercy.
Amen.


He will (and does) by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment