Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I have been watching most of the Word Series games. It is difficult though. They start at 1AM and chapel starts at 8:20 the next morning. I am driven by my desire to see the Yankees lose. I was at the game that ended their previous dynesty (Game 7 2001 World Series) so I feel that I have a hand in the goings on.

Two things I have found interesting:

One. Chase Utley is now tied with Reggie Jackson for most homeruns in a world series. really? Yeah. It's true. That means I will watch in hopes of that chumps record getting broken.

Two. The last World series to go more than 5 games was in 2003. I had thought that we were on a pretty boring run. I'm ready for another dynasty, as long as its not the Yankees, someone like Detroit. Here's the 7 gamers during my lifetime. 82, 85, 86, 87, 91, 97, 01, 02. I had forgetten about 02, 97 and 82 (ok, I never actually remembered that last one in the first place.)
-

I'm enjoying the Mark class. It is really interesting was you learn when you read the Bible. I mean, I think it is easy to get caught up in reading about the Bible rather than actually reading the Bible.
A few observances:
one. Immediately, immediately, immediately
two. People freak out. They are amazed, astonished all the time.
three. Demons are all over. And they are "unclean"
four. The plot to kill Jesus is on soon. Chapter 3?
five. Huge crowds. Can't fit in a house, cannot eat, need to get in a boat.

--

It gets dark here soon.

It is good that Becca works in a candy shop. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment