Thursday, April 9, 2009

They are chopping down trees in my back yard.
Grind. Grind.
There is a big wood chipper that they are throwing branches in.
There is no William H Macy or Steve Buchemi in my back yard though.

I drink coffee. I like the organic, fair-trade, shade-grown Ethiopian blend the best, not only because it is from the birthplace of coffee, but because I can do so so much for the world by sitting at home and drinking a cup of joe. it really makes me feel good about myself.

Today is the mandate day. 4 big things: footwashing, institution of the supper, gethsemene and Judas' betrayal. Tonight i will strip the altar and chancel of all paraments (liturgical cloths) and other liturgical items (candles, etc) in preparation for Good Friday.

It is kind of incredible how Jesus set himself so resolutely toward Jerusalem and toward the certain death on the cross. What was he thinking as he rode the donkey into town as people sang praises? What was he thinking as he served his friends who would soon scatter? What was he thinking as they fell asleep again and again? What was he thinking when one of his inter circle handed him over to death?

No comments:

Post a Comment