Thursday, April 16, 2009

little big.

i used to lay in bed at night when I was young and imagine what I looked like laying in bed. Then My imaginary camera would zoom out to my house. Then my neighborhood, then the state, then the country, then the world, then the universe. And I would imagine blackness and white dots of stars and I would get really scared. AHHHHH!!! I would want to scream. I couldn't comprehend it. I was really really small and the universe was really really big. Why did I exist? Why was I me?
Lots of people try to explain stuff. But some stuff will never be explained. We can't help asking question, but some answers never quite seem adequate.
How can Jesus be both God and man?
How can the Father, the Son, and the Spirit be one God?
How can the bread and the wine be Jesus' body and blood?
How can water and words save someone?
How can God view us as his children?

Because God said so.
We rely on God's promises.
Is it possible that the maker of the universe could do things that we don't understand?
By God's grace this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment