Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pulpit Supply Bug


I signed up for Pulpit supply and will be filling in for pastors that are out of town. So far, I am planning on preaching and leading the Divine Service five times this summer. That is crazy. I know many pastors do this every Sunday. Some preach/preside over services 3 times on Sunday. But I am not in that groove yet and I am filled with a sense of nervousness, excitement, awe, pressure, tenacity, responsibility.
I have conducted pretty much an entire service by myself just once. But even then, my supervising pastor did the ordained clergy only parts (the Absolution, Words of Institution and Benediction). Now I will be on my own. Scary. Nah. It's ok. It's my job. Almost.

It will be fun to do some exegetical work and write some sermons and preach a bit. I'm going a little stir crazy walking in circles around the seminary delivering mail. I think it is travel fever. The bug has bitten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment